Some questions for parents to ask themselves on Internet safety.
Here are some topics that were prepared by Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road) in Singapore as part of its Cyberwellness Framework for educators, for you as parents to consider as you guide your children on the proper use of Internet:
- Internet and Gaming Addiction
- Why do teenagers love the Internet?
- How can I guide my child on proper use on the Internet?
- How can I regulate my child’s use of the computer?
- Where can I get expert help?
- Internet Safety
- What are the signs that my child is abused, bullied, harassed, stalked, discriminated and groomed online?
- What can I do to protect my child?
- How can I monitor my children to ensure they are not breaking any laws such as infringement of copyrights and illegal file sharing?
Additional resources beyond b4usurf.org:
BBC - Parenting - Your kids - Internet safety
ParentMap: Educate teens about online dangers